Monday, September 3, 2012

Labors of a Long Weekend

You can't convince me otherwise; if it is a long weekend, holiday or God forbid both, something awful is going to happen to us. 

But, lets start with the glass half-full...
Precious baby girl has been so sweet lately. The whining and attitude has been less prominent this past week. Why? I don't know. Don't ask! Don't care!
Snuggling with DaddyDaddy after bath
Bubby has convinced me that he has a very verbose internal monologue, but doesn't really have much to say to the rest of us. Everyday he pops out another random word or phrase and as soon as it registers that he said it, it's gone. 
Can't really fault him. 
Introversion is a lost virtue.
Introvert or not, he's still a ham.
She requested her picture to be taken.
Not sure why...or where her pants are.
The face is hilarious.
Saturday night, they are running around like crazy people.
Chasing each other around the coffee table, screeching and goofing around.
Then came the infamous midnight fever.
Poor Weston.
By noon Sunday, he was still running fever with Tylenol on board, lethargic and just really acting odd.
I took him to the little Urgent Care place in the next town over and they took one look at him, in combination with his history, and called Cook's Childrens in Ft. Worth and had the ambulance transport us from the Urgent Care to the ER.
Hours and hours, lab work, X-Rays and a CT of the head and neck later; he has an aggressive case of strep throat.
IV fluid and IV antibiotics has made this little man feel brand new.

We got home around 2:30 this morning and he woke up telling me he was hungry!
I'd be willing to say he was up to 90% of his normal self today.
Cutie Pie Emily stayed with Aunt Susan and Megan and they had a fun girls' night.
Too much fun, evidently!!
In effort to salvage the last few moments of the holiday, we took the kids to ride go-carts.
Emily LOVED it. She rode with both her daddy and myself, and evidently, I was not driving fast enough.
Bubby was not impressed. 
Not sure if that was the 10% talking or if he just isn't all that into that.

We topped it all off with some delicious hot dogs and brats on the grill
Check out those Octopus Hot Dogs!
Quote of the day:
Emily: "Yuck! I don't like french fries!"
What 4 year old doesn't like fries?! We must be doing something really right or realllllllly wrong.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOO glad he is doing much better!One day it was Weston and the next it was Kyle. Please stay well so I can enjoy my trip!!
I loved the octopus hot dogs. Did they eat them? Emily loved them when I made them for her.
She didn't eat the fries here either.
I miss them both very much.
Nana

Background