Saturday, August 24, 2013

Screeching Halt

Sorry for the delay in updates. I had the chance to go to bed early last night, and I jumped at the chance.

So, Weston did great during the procedure. He got one unit of blood intra-op and has kept up his hemaglobin since then. The doctor said she actually saw the contrast dye leaking from the veins into the intestine. A first for her. Yay. Another unique charm.

Evidently he spiked a "fever" overnight and they jumped on it, doing blood cultures and heavy duty antibiotics. Vancomycin. Damn you, vanc. How many times are we going to do this. Of course, he doesn't have a PICC line because despite my advocating for one, its too "risky" for a short stay. Well, 6 days and counting in the hospital is not what I call a short stay. I digress.
The vanc destroyed his IV and he had to get another one plus a blood draw from his foot bc all his veins in his arms are shot. Go figure.

So, because of this temperature spike, he may not be able to go home tomorrow evening as we all hoped. Ugh. Always something.

He got downgraded back to the liver floor this afternoon. He was sleep and cranky most of the day but perked up enough for a Dino rawr.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Oh so glad he is on the up swing, praying.

Anonymous said...

I love my little man. Prayers constantly being said for my boy!
HUGS AND KISSES!
NANA

Background