Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Emily's Turn





With all the recent celebration for Weston's Liveration Day, it seems that poor Emmy has been left of out the blogging.
It's not intentional, but I like to post pics with the entries, and she is a hard one to snap pics of...
What I got when I told her I wanted to take her picture
Profile, taken while she was distracted with tv
 Let's see...what has she been up to:


1. When we went to Chuck E Cheese last Saturday, my black light-child abduction prevention stamp evidently didn't register and some little girl REFUSED to vouch for me and denied knowing me when we were trying to leave. 
Ugh, what a butt!
I was just about to pull out the arsenal of photos in my wallet/phone, insurance cards, etc when The Daddy saved his baby girl from the potential Emmy Snatcher.

2. We've been a little flip and sassier than normal, these days. Her school has been teaching the kids to communicate their feelings instead of just acting out. Sometimes it is HILARIOUS.
Emmy's response to mommy closing the gate, thus exiling her from the kitchen
"I...DON'T...LIKE...THIS...BABY...GATE! It makes me bitter!"
Bitter is a pretty complex emotion. I was impressed.

3. Firemen. Not a fan. Ever since they came to class in full gear (helmet, mask, etc) she has been terrified of them. Specifically, the mask. So much so, that she FREAKED out when they had a fire alarm at school and had to evacuate AND saw the fireman.
Well, this week they are studying fire safety.
And,when you have a fireman daddy in the class, you get to have special presentations.
We have been dreading this all week.
Evidently, when they showed up and were explaining the gear, and the mask came out, she went nuts and ran to the next classroom for safety. :-(
Only after much coaxing and reassuring, did she actually get into the fire truck and watch them spray the hose.
Poor baby girl.

Emily and "Brock's Daddy"


 She's a mess, I tell you.
But we love her.
<3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I told you before you must stay 2 steps ahead of her at all times. Your fun is just beginning.
Love that girl!
Give them both a big hug and kiss for me.
Nana

Background