Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Deal

We've just been going along with minor adjustments to W's ProGraf for the last month.
Weekly labs.
No real changes to the values.
Very jaundiced little boy.
All too frequent pale/less than acceptable poop.

Then I was a bit blindsided Monday afternoon.
He has to have labs drawn Friday (tomorrow) and if there is not significant improvement, they want us to come in next week for a new medicine infusion. 
Chemo.
I want to vomit. Cry. Smash things. Scream WHY?!

I had a hard time with the addition of Imuran.
Every time we start a new immunosuppresant I freak and worry myself sick about cancer.
Well, now he could get chemo. 
I am terrified and angry and so, so sad.
As I am understanding, he is still trying to reject his liver. So, with this Rituximab it will basically target all his B cells (part of his immune system)...pretty much wipe them out and "reboot" the immune system.
Lots of prayers for a miraculous turn around.
We should know by Monday.




His favorite bath time activity.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sweet baby will get lots of prayers. I hope and pray that he comes through this soon.
Give him hugs and kisses for me. Can't wait till I get to see them both tomorrow!
Nana

Background